How schedules work - an example
Suppose you've created a schedule that includes 'Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm' as the allowed send times.
On Thursday, you start sending a sequence to a set of recipients. The sequence includes three steps:
1) Initial email
2) 1st followup - 3 days later
3) 2nd followup - 1 week later
The emails would go out on the following days
- The initial email goes out on Thursday.
- Step 2 email is scheduled to be delivered 3 days later, which is a Sunday. Because there are no available time blocks on Sunday, the email will not be sent until Monday after 9 am.
- Step 3 email is scheduled to be delivered 1 week after the step 2 email. This falls on a Monday, which has available blocks between 9 am and 6 pm. The email will be sent during this period.